Today marks exactly two years since I started this website. Once again, I didn’t post nearly as often as I had hoped. Life away from the keyboard keeps interrupting, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Here’s a quick rundown of the blog this year:
- Blog posts: 8
- Visits: 8,649
- Visitors: 7,537
- Pageviews: 11,670
- Avg. time on the site: 0:48
- Backlinks (as measured by Yahoo): 210
- Google Pagerank: 3
I didn’t even post once a month, but visits, vistors, and pageviews more than doubled since last year. Average time on site decreased by about 5 seconds though. Over 75% of my visitors are finding my site through a search engine, while only 10% are coming from referring sites. It’s nice to know people are searching for topics I’ve written about, but I’d like to bring up the percentage of people who find me through other sites who have linked to me because of content that they found helpful or worthwhile. My backlink count grew by just 35 this year and my Google pagerank actually dropped from 4 to 3. I won’t be in school this year, so I might finally get back to blogging a little more often.
I set a few goals in my one year review post, and now that year two is behind me, it’s time to review them.
- Re-brand Sackcloth Studios (my web design and development business). Mission accomplished! The new site is live and I documented the whole process.
- Build the Trusty Press brand. This didn’t happen at all. In fact, I just began the process of closing down the web hosting arm of Trusty Press (and that was its only arm). However, I do have an idea or two regarding where I’d like to take it in the future.
- Complete another WordPress plugin. Done and done! I actually wrote two more plugins this year and they can both be found in the WordPress.org plugin repository.
- Easy Embed – A simple plugin allowing anything to be embedded in the editor via a shortcode in order to keep WordPress from messing with it.
- Simple Slide Show – Upload a batch of images via FTP. Place them all in a slide show with the ease of a simple shortcode.
Two out of three isn’t bad. Now on to a few of the things I’d like to accomplish this year:
- Release a commercial WordPress theme.
- Get Trusty Press running again, this time in a new direction.
- Make Theme Signal a valuable resource for locating the perfect WordPress theme.
Well, it looks like that’s all for now. See you in a year :]